Programming the Universe: A Quantum Computer Scientist Takes on the Cosmos - Seth Lloyd I really like Seth Lloyd. There are many extremely smart people today, but only few of them are able to explain and present certain theories so they are comprehensible to other people (especially in QM). So, in a way, Lloyd is like a modern Richard Feynman, also because he is witty, funny and easy to follow. Even though he deals with subjects that are way beyond our everyday experience, and even in that category, are very hard to conceptualize and understand, cause at a time they can be very counterintuitive, he still manages to connect them with things slightly closer to 'our world', so they become more presentable to people who are not so familiar with QM and information theory, and at the same time, offer a new perspective to people who are (and you can never have enough different perspectives of entropy, trust me). So this book is never boring even if you have previously encountered theory of universe as ultimate quantum computer, entropy explained through known and unknown qubits, connection of all of that with ToE...
In certain fields you can never find a middle ground between popular science literature and strictly scientific literature, and as someone who studied CS and will also be studying physics, lately I try to stay away from the first and focus on the second, but nonetheless, I really liked and enjoyed this book.
Also,I used to think I would be willing to give a kidney to be able to attend Lloyd's lectures @ MIT. I was wrong. Now I KNOW I would gladly give both of them.